Mincoffs Solicitors in Newcastle upon Tyne, provide expert legal advice to retail and leisure operators on all aspects of their business. Since the firm’s inception in 1948, we have always maintained strong links with the leisure and entertainment industries and our client portfolio includes: hotel groups and independent hoteliers; bars and restaurants; cafes and coffee shops; clubs; casino and online gaming establishments; retailers; supermarkets and convenience stores.
Today, leisure operators are subject to a raft of onerous licensing and regulatory laws. Mincoffs Solicitors are highly regarded for our specialist team of licensing solicitors who are ranked in the ‘Top Tier’ of the Legal 500 2015 and are dedicated to dealing with all aspects of alcohol, entertainment and gaming licensing as well as being fully up to speed with the latest legislation.
Additionally, as a full service commercial law firm, we can draw on the experience of our team of leading lawyers from Mincoffs’ Corporate, Commercial Property, Commercial, Employment and Dispute Resolution Teams so that you have the peace of mind of knowing that your business is operating lawfully and to its commercial best.
Recognised for our commercial approach and ability to anticipate our clients’ needs, areas in which our experienced team provides advice and support to our retail and leisure clients include:
- Purchasing and selling commercial property
- Leasing and lease renewals
- Alcohol licensing
- Licensing for gaming, amusements and lotteries
- Intellectual property
- Employment issues
- Business recovery and insolvency
- Mergers and buy-outs
- Property litigation
Whether you are an independent restaurateur, a small chain operator or national chain operator, we understand your industry, your business your needs and the pressures you are under, which means that we are able to provide you with relevant, straight-talking legal advice and support.
- Advising several hotel groups on the acquisition of new hotels
- Advising a local festival in relation to temporary event notices
- Advising a number of bars, restaurants and coffee shops in relation to applying for and renewing alcohol licences
- Advising numerous leading retailers and hoteliers on day-to-day employment issues
- Advising retailers and convenience stores to secure licences and roll out new stores
- Advising retailers on property issues across the UK
Partner, Head of Licensing and Gaming
T: 0191 212 firstname.lastname@example.org