We acknowledge that running our business has an impact on society and we feel that we have a duty to help others as much as possible. We are committed to behaving responsibly and to contribute towards minimising our impact on the environment and improving the quality of the local community.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager Claire Fenwick is responsible for the implementation of this policy. The responsibility for our adherence rests with all employees throughout the firm. This policy is reviewed on an annual basis.
In a move to involve as many of our staff as possible in CSR activity, the firm has set up a staff social committee whose remit is to organise staff social events as well as get the wider firm involved in charity fundraising. All members of staff are encouraged to make suggestions via our staff suggestion box in relation to further community or charity initiatives we could support.
We are committed to support local charities through sponsorship, events and fundraising initiatives. Through our community work, we are privileged to meet many inspirational people who devote much of their time helping others.
Supporting the Community
We encourage dialogue with local communities for mutual benefit and encourage our employees to help local community organisations and activities in our region by way of:
- Mentoring students at the University of Sunderland and judging the Sunderland University Professional Awards (SUPA),
- Delivering presentations to law students at Northumbria University.
- Supporting start-ups in the region by sponsoring the Start-Up Competition at the Thinking Digital Conference and being Legal Partner of the If We Can You Can Challenge.
- Being a Corporate supporter of the Foundation of Light, the registered charity of Sunderland AFC.
- Sponsoring Sunderland Boys Under 9’s football team and providing new football shirts.
- Sponsor of Hetton Juniors Under 8’s Football Team and providing new football shirts.
- Being the kit sponsor of Morpeth RFC 1st Team and Morpeth RFC U15 Girls Team.
- Organising various events and fundraising initiatives on behalf of the Evening Chronicle Sunshine Fund.
- Nominating charities to benefit from raffles at our various events.
- Taking part in the Macmillan‘Biggest Coffee Morning’.
- Staff taking part in Movember.
- Staff taking part in the Great North Run for various charities.
- Holding the annual ‘Great Mincoffs Bake Off’ in support of various charities.
- Monthly dress down days to support a number of charities nominated by our staff.
- Running a staff tuck shop and card shop where profits are donated to a number of charities.
Impact on the Environment
- We have procedures in place to improve waste management, save energy, recycle and re-use furniture and equipment wherever possible.
- We encourage our employees to reduce their own impact on the environment by using public transport or car share in order to travel to and from work. We also encourage our staff to cycle to work and provide shower facilities.
- We encourage environmental responsibility amongst our contractors, suppliers and staff and include environmental considerations in our procurement processes.
- We recycle paper, toners and ink cartridges,
- We minimise our use of electricity by ensuring that all electrical equipment is turned off when not in use.
- We encourage our staff to only print a document if necessary.
Supporting and protecting our people
- We will ensure that we do not risk the health and safety of our employees and community.
- We will support diversity and inclusion.
- We will create a better working environment and promote interaction by holding regular social events for our people.
- We will continue to raise staff morale by supporting charities close to the hearts of our people.