Mincoffs Solicitors acknowledge that the running of our business has an impact on society. We are committed to behaving responsibly and to contribute towards minimising our impact on the environment and improving the quality of the local community.
The Marketing and Business Development Manager Claire Fenwick is responsible for CSR activity within the firm, although all members of staff are encouraged to make suggestions via our staff suggestion box in relation to further community or charity initiatives we could support.
We are committed to supporting local charities through sponsorship, events and fundraising initiatives.
Supporting the Community
- Organising various events and fundraising initiatives on behalf of the Evening Chronicle Sunshine Fund.
- Supporting the University of Sunderland by way of mentoring students and judging the Sunderland University Professional Awards (SUPA).
- Supporting Northumbria University by delivering presentations to students and attending the annual Law Fair.
- Supporting start-ups in the region, by sponsoring ‘Pitch at Palace’ at Sunderland Software City.
- Corporate supporter of the Foundation of Light, the registered charity of Sunderland AFC.
- Annual sponsor of West Jesmond Primary School‘s ‘STEM Week’.
- Sponsor of Sunderland Boys Under 9’s Rugby Team and providing new Rugby shirts.
- Sponsor of Hetton Juniors Under 8’s Football Team and providing new Football strips.
- Kit sponsor of Morpeth RFC 1st Team.
- Kit sponsor of Morpeth RFC U15 Girls Team.
- Taking part in the Macmillan ‘Biggest Coffee Morning’.
- Taking part in the annual Cancer Research ‘Big Breakfast’.
- Staff taking part in Movember.
- Staff taking part in the Great North Run for various charities.
- Staff contributing to food, toy and baby hampers for Children North East at Christmas.
- Annual great Mincoffs bake off in support of various charities.
- Monthly dress down days to support a number of charities.
- Staff tuck shop where profits are donated to a number of charities.
- Staff card shop.
- Staff quizzes for various charities.
Impact on the Environment
- We have procedures in place to improve waste management, save energy, recycle and re-use furniture and equipment wherever possible.
- We encourage our employees to reduce their own impact on the environment by using public transport or car share in order to travel to and from work.
- We encourage environmental responsibility amongst our contractors, suppliers and staff and include environmental considerations in our procurement processes.
- We recycle paper, toners and ink cartridges,
- We minimise our use of electricity by ensuring that all electrical equipment is turned off when not in use.
- We encourage our staff to only print a document if necessary.