Closing Date: Friday 15th October 2021
We’re looking for an experienced legal secretary to join our leading commercial property team.
Our commercial property solicitors have particular expertise in the funding, acquisition, management and disposal of large property portfolios as well as providing advice on all aspects of commercial property law, including property finance and corporate funding, re-development, leases, buying and selling commercial real estate and managing investment portfolios.
As a Secretary working in our Commercial Property team, you will provide secretarial support to two Partners and five solicitors in our Jesmond based office.
- File openings/Closing
- Typing from Audio Dictation using Diktamen
- Applying for Searches
- Completing forms and applications
- Drafting of land registry applications and SDLT returns
- Dealing with post completion registration and Stamp Duty Land Tax
- Photocopying/scanning documents
- Screening calls/emails
- Booking appointments/meetings for the Commercial Property Team
- You would be required to assist with secretarial duties for other areas in the firm during their busier periods
The Ideal Candidate
The successful candidate will ideally have gained experience in a commercial law practice.
- Good working knowledge of Windows-based office software and able to use Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook to a high standard
- We use Liberate which is a combined accounts and document management software package and possible case management options in the future. Experience of Liberate or similar software would be advantageous
- Excellent word-processing skills to an advanced level including track changes
- Adaptable to new IT software as well as maximising existing systems
- Good standard of education with a minimum of 5 GCSE’s at grades A-C or equivalent, including English language
- Typing speeds of approx. 60 wpm audio and copy
- Knowledge of Land Registry Direct, along with familiarity of SDLT and property searches is essential
- Experience in the Property Legal sector formatting/amending documents and leases is essential
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight timescales with little or no supervision
- Experience presenting a high standard of customer service, confidentiality and professionalism
What will we offer you?
- Working as part of a skilled team
- A competitive salary
- Hours are 9.00 – 5.00 Monday – Friday
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
Benefits package including:
- Pension scheme with employer contributions
- BHSF health care plan
- Death in service cover
- Generous annual leave allocation
- Discount for selected legal services
- Social events
- New starter welcome pack
About the Firm
Mincoffs Solicitors is a leading commercial law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which our clients operate. The firm has a focus on the North East but acts for clients nationally and internationally.
The firm has significant credentials in the technology, leisure, real estate and engineering sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial litigation, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives.
How to apply