We’re looking for a qualified and experienced commercial property solicitor to join our leading real estate practice and deal with a varied case load. The candidate will help supervise junior fee-earners and will take a strong role in business development for the team.
- To provide accurate and commercial property law advice to clients; including but not limited to advising in relation to sale, purchase, leasing and re-financing of business premises, commercial developments and unit sales, advising on pre-emption, option and promotion agreements, s106 Agreements, commercial licences, and easements.
- To handle matters from the initial client contact through to completion.
- To actively generate new business for the Firm.
- To build and maintain strong client and referrer relationships.
- Deal with matter-related enquiries.
- To assist with the development of the Firm’s commercial property law expertise through:
- Networking within the business community and key referral sources in order to develop a high profile for commercial work.
- Contributing ideas to the Firm’s marketing strategy for winning new work and implementing agreed initiatives.
- Carrying forward the department’s ongoing projects.
- Helping organise and deliver seminars and joint events to clients, contacts and colleagues from time to time.
- Writing articles for submission to local publications/Firm’s website/newsletter for clients and contacts and participating in press releases with clients.
- To provide accurate legal advice and assistance to the Firm’s existing clients, whilst developing your own client base.
- To work efficiently as a fee earner within the department.
- To utilise the Firm’s case management system to best effect in order to manage your case load.
- To record time and bill clients in line with agreed practice policy and charging rates.
- To identify and initiate cross-selling opportunities.
- To exercise your initiative and be proactive in the business development of the Firm generally.
- To ensure that outstanding client care is given at all times and to maintain a highly professional approach.
- To manage all files methodically and efficiently and in accordance with the Firm’s procedures and the LEXCEL quality mark requirements.
- To undertake colleagues’ file reviews in a timely manner, if required to do so.
- To comply with the Firm’s various policies and procedures as specified in the current edition of the Staff Handbook.
- To ensure the confidentiality and security of all practice and clients’ documentation and/or information.
- To take responsibility for your own personal and professional development and ensure compliance with any compulsory professional education requirements.
- To assist with the supervision of support staff within the department (where applicable) and encourage support staff in their development and training.
- To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work commensurate with the role.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience required
The successful applicant will already be a commercial property solicitor looking for career development. As a successful applicant you will have your own network of clients, intermediaries and other contacts in the property sector.
As well as having the experience mentioned above, the candidate should be:
- Strong academically.
- A team player who can work with different teams and lawyers across the Firm.
- A self-starter who enjoys business development and would like to develop their business development skills.
- An excellent communicator with good organisational skills.
What will we offer you?
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in commercial property.
- We have a client base comprising major leisure and hospitality businesses.
- This role offers a competitive salary, 9.00 – 5.00 Monday – Friday, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays. Healthcare and benefits package. Both full and part time applicants will be considered.
About the Firm
Mincoffs Solicitors LLP is a leading commercial law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which our clients operate. The firm has a focus on the North East but acts for clients nationally and internationally.
The firm has significant credentials in the technology, leisure, real estate and engineering sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial litigation, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives.
How to apply
Please forward a CV to email@example.com