Closing Date: Tuesday 31st August 2021
We’re looking for a qualified and experienced lawyer to join our leading commercial property practice. The role will be based from our Newcastle office and will suit lawyers with 4+ years’ PQE to complement the experience of the existing team.
It would be advantageous if you are based within the Newcastle upon Tyne area, but if you are a strong candidate with the ability and confidence to work remotely, this could potentially be a totally remote opportunity. However, the preference is for a candidate who would in part be working from the office.
A substantial part of the role will involve providing construction law advice. This would involve the usual construction law services and would include advising on and negotiating:
- Building contracts, appointments and warranties
- Letters of reliance and letters of intent
The role would also involve negotiating the construction based aspects of funding and development agreements where needed.
If the candidate is senior and has a substantial following then they may provide solely construction advice. Otherwise the candidate would be providing commercial property law advice in addition and would be involved in the full range of services including:
- Property development
- Property investments including asset management
- Property finance
The role is a non-contentious role but would involve assisting the dispute resolution team if required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have experience in house or in a large commercial practice, specialising in construction law (with or without property development and general commercial property experience);
- Be technically excellent, commercially aware and enthusiastic;
- Be strong academically;
- Be a team player who can work with different teams and lawyers across the firm;
- Be a self-starter who enjoys business development and would like to develop their business development skills;
- Have excellent communication and organisational skills;
- Have the ability to provide construction law services without supervision.
How to apply
Please send a CV by email in the first instance to Michelle Dodds, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday 31st August.
For an informal discussion in relation to the role, please contact Ryan Bannon, Partner and Head of Commercial Property on 0191 281 6151 or email email@example.com