We are looking for a qualified and experienced solicitor to join our award-winning corporate team working on a broad range of corporate transactions from strategic planning through to integration for our enviable list of clients across sectors including healthcare, manufacturing, technology, hospitality and fintech.
As a solicitor within our corporate team, you will act on mergers & acquisitions, private equity, venture capital, corporate governance and restructuring projects. You will work with the wider team where required to deliver a first-class service to clients.
To be considered for this role you will be a qualified solicitor with circa 2-5+ years’ post-qualification experience in corporate law.
We advise on a truly impressive variety of corporate work. We have for a sustained period of time ranked third for deal value and volume in the North East region and since 2020 we have advised on 261 transactions with an aggregate value in excess of £1.1 billion and have recently been ranked in the top 20 law firms in the country for deal volume.
- Managing your own workload of corporate transactional and company law advisory work for a variety of clients including owner managed businesses, private and public companies, private equity/venture capital funds, public sector, LLPs, partnerships and individuals.
- Assisting other lawyers in the team as required, including supporting lead advisers in transactional work and supervision of more junior lawyers.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of transactional and corporate documents.
- Developing and building upon own case load of corporate/company law matters whilst supporting partners with larger scale deals.
- Advising clients in relation to the various areas set out above whilst delivering exceptional customer service.
- Ensuring clients are kept informed as often as may be required.
- Taking an active role in business development.
- Attending client meetings and visiting client premises as necessary.
- Liaising with internal and external parties such as colleagues, clients, other lawyers and intermediaries.
- Training, supervising and developing junior team members.
- Ensuring relevant deadlines and quality measures are adhered to.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and experience required
The successful candidate will ideally have gained experience in corporate law at a recognised (Legal 500 or chambers and partners) regional or national firm and will have a blend of good technical ability and commercial awareness.
Hands-on experience of advising on mergers and acquisitions, re-organisations, joint venture arrangements and investments is preferred.
As well as having the experience mentioned above, the candidate should:
- Be strong academically.
- Support the positive culture in the team.
- Be capable of working independently with minimal supervision on appropriate matters, as well as working as part of partner-led team on larger projects.
- Be a team player who can work well with different teams and lawyers across the firm.
- Be a self-starter.
- Be prepared to assist the senior lawyers in the team with supervision of junior lawyers.
- Possess excellent communication and organisational skills.
What will we offer you?
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in Corporate law.
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Hybrid working including provision of IT equipment.
- Healthcare insurance plan to include dental and optical.
- Life Assurance.
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service.
- Various retail discounts.
- Cycle to work scheme.
About the Firm
Mincoffs Solicitors is a leading corporate/commercial law firm, led by 12 partners, with a team of over 100 people. Based in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, we have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which our clients operate. The firm has a focus on the North East but also acts for clients nationally and internationally.
The corporate team operates in a busy yet collegiate and supportive environment. The team will be able to offer the successful candidate fantastic hands on experience and the opportunity to learn from the partners and others. The firm is keen on supporting its fee earners to progress their careers and achieve their goals.
The firm has significant credentials in the technology, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing and engineering sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate, commercial contracts, real estate, commercial litigation and employment. We also offer private client services in wills and probate, family law and residential conveyancing.
How to apply
Please forward a CV to email@example.com