Mincoffs Solicitors is a law firm with a pragmatic and straight-talking approach. Based in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, we are looking for top talent to join us and be part of our continuing success.
We are now seeking applications from either a Trainee who is shortly due to complete their Period of Recognised training or, alternatively, from an Employment Solicitor of up to 2 years PQE to join our dynamic team. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic individual to join the team who is committed to a career in the North East practising in Employment law and willing to get involved in a wide variety of legal work on behalf of both employers and employees. Ideally candidates should either have trained or worked at a commercial law firm.
The successful candidate will be given responsibility to work on non-contentious employment matters such as preparing and drafting new contracts and policies and providing corporate support as well as advising clients on a wide range of employment / HR related matters and also, at the same time, be required to work with the Partner and/or Associate on contentious matters on behalf of Respondents and Claimants; and also have responsibility for managing their own claims on behalf of clients.
The team will encourage career progression as you further build your skills and experience in this fast developing and ever changing area of the law.
In addition, the successful candidate will be expected to fully participate in both the firm and also the team’s own business development activities.
- Perform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s risk and quality management procedures (including but not limiting to Lexcel); and the work should be of a standard that produces referrals/ repeat business.
- Meet financial targets by ensuring accurate time recording; and this includes learning to provide (with Partner and Associate input/ supervision):
- Accurate and realistic fee estimates;
- Timely billing/cash collection; and
- Work effectively to maximise financial performance
- Assist in complex and large scale projects.
- Work on both contentious and non-contentious employment law matters.
- Work effectively alongside the other members of their department.
- Build client and internal communication skills and file management as well as the ability to build new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Demonstrate capability in working on a full and challenging case load/ files.
- Participate in marketing activities and cross sell the services of the departments.
- Provide coaching and supervision to secretaries maximising their performance and development.
- Build, maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners.
- Keep up to date with developments in the law, and ensure knowledge management requirements are fulfilled.
- And any other working duties as reasonably required by the Partners/ Chief Executive.
- Work effectively alongside the other members of the team.
- Demonstrate excellent client and internal communication skills.
- File management experience using Liberate (or similar practice management systems) would be an advantage.
- Ability to build new and maintain existing client relationships.
- From Newly Qualified up to 2 years PQE
This role offers a competitive salary; 9.00 – 5.00, Monday – Friday; 25 days holiday plus bank holidays; healthcare and benefits package.
Both full and part time applicants will be considered.