Closing Date: Friday 23rd April 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a legal secretary to provide support to the Dispute Resolution and Employment teams. This role is fast-paced and you will be working as part of a secretarial support team.
The working pattern for this role is 9:00am – 5:00pm, Monday – Friday. The role will be remote at first, due to the lockdown restrictions, but IT equipment will be provided. Part time hours would also be considered.
The Dispute Resolution team advises on a wide range of commercial and private disputes ranging from complex partnership or shareholder issues, to general contractual disputes, defamation, injunctive relief, various contentious landlord and tenant and property related disputes and professional negligence matters. The Employment team provides advice with employment related claims including Employment Tribunal litigation, employment related injunctions and breach of contract claims in the High Court.
The role requires you to provide secretarial support to busy partners and fee-earners and take responsibility for the administration of files from quotation to file closure.
- Dealing with all related correspondence and documentation utilising Liberate case management system
- Audio typing as required; formatting, cross referencing, auto numbering documents
- Production of letters, emails, documents, invoices and other legal documentation
- File/Matter management in Liberate including file opening, drafting engagement letters, terms of business, undertaking file closure,
- Adding scanned items to Liberate
- File management
- Proof reading all correspondence and business material before it leaves the office
- Assisting with billing preparation and invoicing
- Answering clients calls regarding new enquiries for the Dispute Resolution and Employment teams
- Booking meetings, training courses and arranging travel when required
- Previous legal secretarial experience
- Accurate typing, minimum speed 65wpm
- Experience working in a team of busy fee earners
- Exceptional communication skills with accurate spelling and grammar
- Awareness of client confidentiality, information security and data protection
- Highly organised with the ability to successfully multi-task and prioritise workload, manage own time effectively and take ownership of projects and tasks
- Use initiative and contribute to improving internal processes
- Proficient in Word and Excel
- Proficient in pdf document collation of bundles for court hearings
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays pro rata
- Healthcare and benefits package
- Employee social events
To apply for this role please send a CV to Michelle Dodds, Office Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 23rd March 2021.