Mincoffs Solicitors is a law firm with a pragmatic and straight-talking approach. Based in Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, we are looking for top talent to join us and be part of our continuing success.
We are seeking applications from an experienced litigation solicitor, ideally specialising in property litigation.
The successful candidate will be given responsibility to act for individuals, companies, landlords, tenants and developers.
As a minimum, the successful candidate should demonstrate a high standard of general commercial and property litigation experience; as we appreciate that nowadays many candidates undertake both commercial dispute work and property litigation expertise.
In terms of property litigation experience, ideally we would expect the candidate to have experience dealing with; contentious lease renewals and break clauses, dilapidations, disclaimer, forfeiture and surrender of leases, enforcement of options, easements and restrictive covenants, evictions, boundary disputes, possession and recovery actions, rights of light and party wall issues.
In addition, as outlined above you may wish to demonstrate general commercial litigation experience.
- Preform fee earning work accurately, reliably and in accordance with the firm’s risk and quality management procedures (including but not limiting to Lexcel); and the work should be at a standard that it produces referrals/ repeat business.
- Meet financial targets by ensuring accurate time recording.
- Work effectively alongside the other members of their department.
- Build client and internal communication skills and file management as well as the ability to build new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Demonstrate capability in working on a full and challenging case load/files.
- Participate in marketing activities and cross sell the services of the departments.
- Provide coaching and supervision to secretaries maximizing their performance and development.
- Build, maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners.
- Keep up to date with developments in the law and ensure knowledge management requirements are fulfilled.
The Ideal Candidate
Knowledge, skills and expertise required
- Work effectively alongside the other members of the team.
- Demonstrate excellent client and internal communication skills.
- File management experience using Liberate would be an advantage.
- Ability to build new and maintain existing client relationships.
- Qualified as a solicitor in England & Wales.
- Experience of a wide range of dispute resolution methods including litigation, arbitration, adjudication, mediation and other forms of ADR.
- Experience of preparing submissions and evidence and working with experts and counsel.
What will we offer you?
- You will be working with colleagues who are leading specialists in dispute resolution
- This role offers a competitive salary, full time hours between Monday and Friday, core hours 9.00 – 5.00.
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, keeping 3 days for Christmas closure.
- Healthcare and benefits package.
About the Firm
Mincoffs Solicitors is a leading commercial law firm based in Newcastle upon Tyne. We have a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which our clients operate. The firm has a focus on the North East but acts for clients nationally and internationally.
The firm has significant credentials in the technology, leisure, real estate and engineering sectors. Services provided across these sectors include corporate and M&A, commercial litigation, restructuring, insurance, regulatory, construction, property, planning and environmental, procurement, outsourcing, employment, share plans and incentives.
How to apply
Please email CV to email@example.com