Closing Date: Sunday 28th February 2021
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercially minded solicitor to join one of the leading technology practices in the North East on a permanent, full time basis.
The specialist, multi-disciplinary technology team at Mincoffs Solicitors provides expert support to businesses on wide range of legal issues such as intellectual property rights, software licensing, fundraising, franchising, data protection and commercial contractual matters. The department has extensive experience of supporting pre-revenue businesses, start-ups and established businesses operating in the digital and creative sectors
The successful candidate will have experience running a mixed caseload of commercial matters and will work closely with clients to deliver high quality and business focused legal solutions to clients while providing excellent customer service.
They will be technically proficient in reviewing, drafting, and negotiating all types of commercial agreements including IT/software related contractual arrangements, non-disclosure agreements, franchise agreements, distribution agreements, trademark registrations and IP licenses with a strong leaning towards technology matters.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of commercial contracts and IT/software projects
- Experience in the technology and Software sector
- 3 year PQE +
- The ability to identify solutions and give clear and pragmatic advice in accordance with the firm’s risk and quality management procedures
- The ability to meet financial targets by ensuring accurate time recording, realistic fee estimates, timely billing and working effectively to maximise financial performance
- A team orientated mind-set and the ability to work collaboratively with other members of the commercial services department and wider firm
- The ability to build, maintain and nurture an appropriate network of contacts, referrers and business partners.
- A willingness to participate in business development activities and cross sell the services of the firm
- Excellent commercial awareness and up to date knowledge of the sector
- A willingness to work autonomously and flexibly
- The ability to provide supervision and coaching to departmental secretaries to maximise their performance and development
- A hard working attitude and a resilient nature
To apply for this position, please send your CV and covering letter to Michelle Dodds, Office Manager by email to email@example.com by Sunday 28th February 2021.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Antony Hall, Partner and Head of Commercial Services on 0191 281 6151.