To deliver services to you, it is sometimes necessary for us to share your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA), e.g.:
- with your and our service providers located outside the EEA;
- if you are based outside the EEA; or
- where there is an international dimension to the matter in which we are advising you.
These transfers are subject to special rules under the Data Protection Legislation. You can find further information in this regard at the European Commission’s (EC) website.
- The following countries have been assessed by the EC as providing an adequate level of protection for personal data: Andorra, Argentina, Canada (commercial organisations), Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Israel, Isle of Man, Jersey, New Zealand, Switzerland, Uruguay and the US (limited to the Privacy Shield framework). For explanation of the Privacy Shield Framework follow the link in sub-paragraph (1)
- Other non-EEA countries are not considered by the EC to have adequate level of protection. We will, however, ensure the transfer complies with the Data Protection Legislation, e.g. in case of systematic transfers, through the use of standard data protection contract clauses which have been approved by the EC. To obtain a copy of those clauses follow the link provided in sub-paragraph (1) Where it is not possible or not practical to put in place such safeguards, we may transfer personal data outside the EEA if:
- the data subject has explicitly consented to the proposed transfer, having been informed of the lack of an EC adequacy decision an appropriate safeguards;
- the transfer is necessary for the performance of a contract between the data subject and us (or the implementation of a pre-contractual measures taken on the data subject’s request); or
- the transfer is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract concluded in the interests of the data subject between us and another natural or legal person.
- We use cloud based platforms and tools (such as Insightly, MailChimp, Eventbrite and SurveyMonkey) for the purpose of our marketing activities. The providers of these tools are based in the U.S. and subscribe to the the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework to ensure the appropriate level of protection to the personal data they process.
If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA please contact our Data Protection Lead by either:
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- post at Data Protection Lead, Mincoffs Solicitors LLP, 5 Osborne Terrace, Jesmond, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE2 1SQ.