With the continued spread of coronavirus (Covid-19), keeping our clients, colleagues and visitors safe is our top priority. We would like to reassure you that we are doing everything we can during the current and ever changing situation with coronavirus and are following the latest advice from the UK Government to manage any consequences for our clients and our staff.
We have put in place a number of measures at Mincoffs Solicitors to ensure that we have business continuity at this time:
- Our people are able to work remotely as and when required to ensure that should our office need to close or a member of staff is required to self-isolate, they will be able to work from home and will be contactable by phone and email.
- Client records and matters are held electronically in our practice management system and our people will be able to access necessary documentation and systems remotely.
- Should staffing levels be compromised due to illness or inability to work, we will prioritise urgent matters, and inform our clients should this situation arise. We will take every effort to mitigate the impact for our clients.
- Should our office become inaccessible for any period of time, we will redirect post to an alternative location for processing although this may delay matters. We would encourage you to use email in place of post in case we are not able to access mail.
- Where documents require signature, some can be signed by counterpart, meaning that different parties can sign their own individual copies. We may also be able to execute certain documents on your behalf with your authority. Otherwise, we will make appropriate arrangements with you at the relevant time.
- We will continue to meet with our clients in person where it is sensible to do so, taking account of the UK Government guidelines. Should face to face meetings not be feasible, we do have facilities for video conferencing and telephone meetings.
- If you are planning to visit our offices and in the last 14 days you have been in close contact with anyone who has or is suspected to have coronavirus or you have a high temperature and/or continuous cough, please follow the government advice and refrain from attending our offices. You may of course communicate with your usual contact at the firm via email, telephone or other remote means or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org; telephone 0191 281 6151.
Further guidance can be found here:
It is important that we take these proactive steps to minimise the spread of COVID-19 and we will ensure that we continue to provide excellent service to our clients.
We will continue to monitor the situation as it develops, and will take the appropriate action as necessary. We appreciate your understanding at this time.