Chris is an Associate Solicitor in the firm’s Corporate Team.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris graduated from the University of East Anglia with a degree in law (2:1 LLB Hons) and subsequently completed a graduate diploma in legal practice (LPC) at Northumbria University with distinction.
Chris advises across the breadth of the corporate, banking and finance and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency arenas with a particular focus on the healthcare, leisure, manufacturing, construction and IT sectors.
Whilst favouring M&A, Chris provides advice to clients on a broad spectrum of topics, including: partnership arrangements (formation, retirement and dissolution); business start-ups; corporate governance and company secretarial matters; company constitutions; shareholder arrangements; returns of value to shareholders (including, share buybacks and reductions in capital); share options and schemes; business and specific assets sales and acquisitions (including, insolvent business acquisitions); share sales and acquisitions; joint ventures; corporate restructuring (including mergers and demergers); and banking facilities and associated security arrangements.
A selection of Chris’ deal highlights includes:
- Leading advice to Genisys Technology Solutions on the acquisition of 3 software divisions from international banking software company Tenemos.
- Leading advice to industry-leading IT Managed Services business Razorblue on their expansion into the North West of England through the acquisition of the J-Media IT Managed Services from Manchester based CMAP Group.
- Assisting on advice to AIM listed Northern Bear plc on its £1.3 million strategic acquisition of Lister Holdings (York) Limited and its subsidiary J. Lister Electrical Limited.
- Leading advice to Pharmacy Express on its acquisition programme, including Healthways Chemist, Hartlepool and Burrell’s Pharmacy, Eaglescliffe.
- Leading advice to the management team of S&A Fabrications on their management buy-out of the business.
- Both leading and assisting on advice to the High Street Group on various corporate acquisitions (including the Sea Hotel, South Shield, the Parkmore Hotel, Yarm, Antler Bar and Fat Buddha Restaurant, Newcastle and First Penthouse, London).
- Assisting on advice to the sellers of Cooper & Turner Group on their award winning multi-million pound disposal of the Group to US based Watermill Group.
- Assisting on advice to NASDAQ LB Foster Group on its acquisition of the TEW Group, Netpractise and TEW Plus.
- Assisting on advice to the Cairn Group on numerous acquisitions and financing arrangements (including, its £201 million refinance with HSBC and its £75 million corporate acquisition of 5 hotels across the UK).
- Assisting on advice to Steamforged Games on its £5 million VCT led investment from Foresight Group.
For expert advice designed to give your business the competitive edge, contact:
T: 0191 212 email@example.com