Chris is a Partner in the firm’s Corporate Team.
Prior to joining the firm, Chris graduated from the University of East Anglia with a degree in law (2:1 LLB Hons) and subsequently completed a graduate diploma in legal practice (LPC) at Northumbria University with distinction.
Chris advises across the breadth of the corporate, banking and finance and non-contentious restructuring and insolvency arenas with a particular focus on the healthcare, leisure, manufacturing, construction and IT sectors.
Whilst favouring M&A, Chris provides advice to clients on a broad spectrum of topics, including: partnership arrangements (formation, retirement and dissolution); business start-ups; corporate governance and company secretarial matters; company constitutions; shareholder arrangements; returns of value to shareholders (including, share buybacks and reductions in capital); share options and schemes; business and specific assets sales and acquisitions (including, insolvent business acquisitions); share sales and acquisitions; joint ventures; corporate restructuring (including mergers and demergers); and banking facilities and associated security arrangements.
A selection of Chris’ deal highlights includes:
- Genisys Technology Solutions’ acquisition of 3 software divisions from international banking software company Temenos.
- Industry-leading IT Managed Services business Razorblue expansion into the North West of England through the acquisition of the J-Media IT Managed Services from Manchester based CMAP Group.
- AIM listed Northern Bear plc on its £1.3 million strategic acquisition of Lister Holdings (York) Limited and its subsidiary J. Lister Electrical Limited.
- Pharmacy Express on its acquisition programme, including Healthways Chemist, Hartlepool and Burrell’s Pharmacy, Eaglescliffe.
- P&K Construction on the acquisitions of Teesdale based S&A Fabrications and Roundhouse and Leeds based Next Level Mezzanines and Ash Construction.
- The award winning multi-million pound disposal of the Cooper & Turner Group to US based Watermill Group.
- NASDAQ quoted LB Foster Group’s acquisition of the TEW Group, Netpractise and TEW Plus and subsequent restructures of the Group’s UK based assets.
- Cairn Group’s numerous acquisitions and financing arrangements (including, its £201 million refinance with HSBC and its £75 million corporate acquisition of 5 hotels across the UK).
- Sudhir Power Group’s on-going UK acquisition programme, including the acquisition of access equipment specialist, Star Platforms.
- Steamforged Games’ £5 million VCT led investment from Foresight Group.
- The £65 million cross-border sale of Coastsink Software to Swedish based, Thunderful Group.
- The cross-border sale of HistoCyte Laboratories to Swedish based, Atlas Antibodies.
For expert advice designed to give your business the competitive edge, contact:
T: 0191 212 firstname.lastname@example.org