The Media and Entertainment team at Mincoffs Solicitors has substantial technical expertise and experience in advising clients on all types of media, entertainment, IP and IT issues.
Ranked as the top tier firm in the field of Media and Entertainment for the North by the Legal 500, the team at Mincoffs Solicitors have a proven track record of advising international magazine publishers, cultural organisations, distributors, national and regional radio and broadcasting companies, gaming companies, musicians, celebrities and prominent sportsmen and women.
Meet the Media and Entertainment team here.
Our Media and Entertainment team can provide expert advice in the following areas:
- Advice on identifying, protecting and exploiting the intellectual property rights that exist in creative works
- Intellectual property
- Copyright infringement
- Advertising legislation
- Advertising terms and conditions
- Breach of contract
- Development funding
- Writer, studio and location agreements
- Music licences
- Cast, Crew, Director and Producer deals
- Broadcaster arrangements
- Acquiring underlying rights for film and theatre productions, including books and other sources, commissioning agreements with writers and composers and copyright issues
- Financing – Regional and national funding, banking financing, multiple party financing and refinancing
- UK and International distribution deals
- Public takeovers
- Restructuring and reorganising private sales and acquisitions of media companies
- Advising a software development studio on its contractual arrangements with one of the world’s leading English Language publishers in connection with a series of e-books for children for use on mobile devices.
- Advising a UK supplier of fine art on its contractual arrangements with artists throughout the world.
- Advising on contractual arrangements for a TV show on Channel 1 (formerly Virgin One).
- Streamlining a telecommunications businesses contracting processes and overhauling terms and conditions.
- Advising a film company on intellectual property rights in video production.